Job opportunities at APHFTA. APHFTA is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic candifates to fill in the position supply chain and procurement manager, Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance Advisors, technical director, Deputy Director Project Coordination, and many more other. Read other position below
APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Tohara Salama Project:
Job Opportunities at APHFTA
Position Title: Supply Chain and Procurement Manager (1 position)
Reports to: Finance and Administration
DirectorDepartment: Finance and Administration
Supervisory role: Regional supply chain and Procurement Advisors (3)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
Provide technical guidance to SAFE VMMC project supply chain management that will include but not limited to Quantification (forecasting and supply planning), Local procurement of commodities. Product selection, Importation / Product Registration, Distribution, Waste management and Quality Assurance.
She/he will lead in the design, operation, and monitoring and evaluation of supply chain responsible for the provision of SAFE VMMC commodities. She/he will Work closely with national and regional project management team in developing strategies and solutions around the VMMC supply chain, including lessons learned.
She/he will support the regional project management team with the improvement of supply chains for SAFE VMMC medicines, supplies and commodities at VMMC sites. She/he will support Regional VMMC supply and Procurement Manager in VMMC outreach preparation and execution. She/he will also contribute to or write Procurement and Supply reports and other relevant documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, sciences, supply chain, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and development of systems design,implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supply chain systems at the country level, preferablywith knowledge of VMMC or related commodities,
- Experience with quantification or supply chain management tasks related to medical equipment and other consumables required.
- Experience working with USAID, PEPFAR in assessing and designing improvements and technicalguidance of VMMC or similar public health service delivery efforts will be an advantage
- Current knowledge of existing developments in the field of VMMC or related commodityprocedures, equipment, and supplies at the country level desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Experience with statistic software (Epi Info, SPSS) will be an advantage
Position Title: Deputy Director Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director-SAFE VMMC Project
Supervisory role: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager
Location: APHFTA HQ- Dar es Salaam
The Deputy Director MEL oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning components of the project. S/he leads the development and management of the MEL Plan. S/he develops and maintains systems to collect data and leads analysis to produce information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project.
S/he collaborates with and oversees regional data managers to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported; and supports training of M&E personnel in data quality assurance methods.
S/he collaborates with the project team to design operations research (OR) to support learning, evaluation, and planning, and oversees the implementation of OR projects as well as analysis, dissemination, and use. S/he shares MEL data and improvement plans as well as strategies for implementation improvements for greater project impact with the project team.
Desired Qualification/ Competence
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent required in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on United States Government (USG) projects related to HIV/AIDs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects, (particularly USAID), preferably in Tanzania.
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS data and HIV/AIDS indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supervising and reporting Project Baseline Studies, Mid- and End-line Studies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- 4 Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Mastery of the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies; experience with complexity-aware monitoring and adaptive management models is desired.
- Computer skills, including MS Office, Access and Excel, and mobile/internet data collection software (ODK, Kobo, Survey Monkey and others);
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage and coordinate with diverse staff to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
Position Title: Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance
Advisors (2)Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Location: APHFTA Regional offices
The Regional VMMC Technical Advisors will be responsible for quality of VMMC clinical services at the VMMC service sites in the respective regions. S/he will lead VMMC Project Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities in collaboration with other implementing partners.
S/he will work closely with regional and council health teams to conduct regular routine clinical assessments and supervisory visits to VMMC sites and activities to strengthen clinical systems for the provision of a comprehensive HIV-prevention package including VMMC services.
S/he will support and mentor VMMC field staff to promote linkages to care and treatment services. Work in collaboration with program staff to equip the VMMC sites with materials needed to perform largescale VMMC services with quality and safety. Support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders and remain up-to-date with developments in the fields of VMMC and HIV in order to disseminate information to the Project team and S/he will participate in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other documents for dissemination of SAFE VMMC activities.
- A degree in medicine, public health, social sciences, or any health-related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care, and treatment, especially VMMC.
- Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health-related matters
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork.
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contextsExcellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in
- EnglishProficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Supervisory role: Deputy Directors and Managers
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
The Technical Director shall provide technical guidance in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of VMMC services by strengthening the capacity of service delivery teams to provide comprehensive VMMC services aligned to National and PEPFAR guidelines and policies and promotes adherence to VMMC technical considerations.
Develop project strategic plans cognizant of the needs of the government, Development Partners (DPs)and APHFTA. Monitor progress on achieving goals of strategic plans towards APHFTA and DPs’ targets. Provide technical guidance to all VMMC activities including the review and management of operational procedures and give input into marketing strategies to reach clients.
Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the VMMC Project. Support linkages to STI, ART and TB care. Conduct regular site visits to review Project implementation and provide onsite and telephonic support as and when needed and make recommendations for corrective action as required. Ensure all project staff have clear job descriptions, Organizational Planning and Review Appraisals (OPRAS) are done as per APHFTA HR manual.
Supervise Project Personnel and ensure that they grow in their jobs, skills and abilities. Ensure all project subordinate staff meet expectations and provide high quality standard of work. Oversee all project M & E Activities including development of appropriate SOP, Guidelines and Systems to ensure quality of data. Oversee and support the MEL team to ensure timely data verification and supporting of verification reports to USAID.
Support implementation teams in the development and monitoring of implementation plans. Provide expert advice on Project targets and analyze Project results against targets and make recommendations for corrective action, submit monthly reports to the Chief of Party (CoP) and support Director of Programs to compile and submit to all stakeholders.
- Doctor of Medicine degree required; additional degree in public health or related field is preferred
- At least five years of senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of an activity of similar size, complexity, and setting
- Ten years of senior level experience in health service delivery required, with an emphasis on child health, VMMC or biomedical prevention preferred
- Proven capacity to implement activities adhering to international norms and standards
- Knowledge of USG and Government of Tanzania health initiatives and related requirements
- Exceptional skills in data analysis and the utilization of data for decision-making
- Strong English and Swahili speaking and writing language skills
- This position is open for Tanzanians, East Africans, and SADC nationals
- 12 job vacancies at TALGWU
- 11 Job opportunity at Jafco ltd
- Shared services coordinator – Job at Qatar Airways
Position Title: Deputy Director Project Coordination (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Director-SAFE VMMC Project
Supervisory role: Regional Coordinators (5)
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
Deputy Director Project Coordinator will ensure that project outputs and outcomes are delivered successfully. She/he will be accountable for building and leading regional project teams to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost, and quality constraints.
S/he will provide strong project leadership ensuring good project management disciplines and ways of working are in place among the team. S/he will also coordinate the documentation of Project’s learnt lessons from the regions and consider how to align incentives to help deliver the project’s objectives.
S/he will lead a diverse and multi-disciplinary project team including making sure the team has the diversity of capability needed. S/he will provide clear direction and build a delivery-focused culture including maintaining morale, driving performance and a positive culture throughout the project life cycle.
- At least 5 years of experience working with United States Government (USG) funded VMMC and or HIV/AIDS projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in any health-related field, social sciences, or any relevant field (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management and continuous improvement methodologies, people development, mentoring and management experience.
- Advanced project and change leadership skillsAbility to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skillsDemonstrated ability to create teams with ability to deliver strict targetsStrong relationship management skills required.
- Experience developing, analyzing, and recommending strategic approaches to efficiently drive project activities’ implementation
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of the workings of the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), Regional, and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) in implementing USG funded project
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities, negotiation and consensus building skills, group facilitationProven capabilities and leadership in project and change management
INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED APPLICANTS
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
O1 Lumumba/Makamba Street
P.O. BOX 13234,DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
The closing date is 17th September 2021 at 18:00 EAT. Late submission, will not be considered for evaluation.