Advisor Job vacancy, GIZ is currently seeking to employ a new employee. Read carefully the job description and requirements below,
|Job Title||Advisor for Local Revenue Mobilization|
|Location||Dar Es Salaam|
|Assignment period:||11/01/2021 – 07/31/2023|
|Types of Employment||Full / Part time|
The Good Financial Governance Program in Tanzania (GFG) is a technical assistance program that is implemented by GIZ, commissioned by BMZ and co-funded by the Swiss government and the European Union. GFG commenced in May 2016, the second phase (GFG II) runs from August 2020 to July 2023. GFG’s main goal is to strengthen Tanzania’s public financial management system in accordance with principles of good financial governance, specifically transparency, efficiency and accountability.
Post You May Like: 9 Steps to Easily Apply UDOM Online – UDOM OAS Login
GFG’s own revenue mobilization component (Field of Action 3, FoA3) aims to improve own source revenue mobilization in Local Government Authorities (LGAs), with a focus on the collection of service levy. GFG provides technical advice to the President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to systematically improve the framework conditions for local revenue mobilization and local revenue policy while at local level the program supports partner LGAs to improve own-source revenue collection and management.
Advisor Job Vacancy – Task
• Manages support to PO-RALG, Regional Administrative Secretariats (RAS) and pilot LGAs in the context of the GFG program’s Local Revenue Mobilization component;
• Functions as GFG contact point for PO-RALG, partner LGAs, RAS and civil society partners and proactively coordinates measures;
• As needed, supports implementation of FoA4 activities related to social accountability, in line with operational plans agreed with civil society partners;
• Liaises with and coordinates planning and implementation of activities with other FoAs, specifically FoA4 (social accountability), ensures realization of synergetic potentials;
• Provides technical expertise for the institutional development of PO-RALG, pilot LGAs and RAS’ and cooperates to this end with a range of relevant stakeholders;
• Supports Public Relations and knowledge management work as well as project monitoring and reporting;
• Provides support to component and program management as required.
• University degree in a relevant discipline such as public administration, law, economics, finance, or business administration• Professional development cooperation experience in public finance, local/regional administration, fiscal administration or decentralization, preferably in the region• Practical experience providing advise to partners in the context of development cooperation, experience working for or with GIZ advantageous• Experience and proven skills in conceptualizing and supporting reform efforts in public administration• Technical experience with digitization of public financial management systems, specifically of revenue collection and management• Proficiency in using MS Office• Fluent English skills; German and/or Swahili language skills are an asset
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Tanzania.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Click the button below to apply for advisor job vacancy