CCTV Operator Jobs Opportunities. Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit CCTV Operators to join our team. The successful candidates for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Security department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
|Reporting to||Security Production superintendent.|
|Deadline||23rd November 2021|
- Represent Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Ltd (BGML) on the mine site as Surveillance Operator.
- Ensure that no Security member is in possession of a private firearm or traditional weapon while on duty
- Ensure the necessary programs and reporting functions that will facilitate timely reporting of incidents are adhered to.
- Conduct daily checks of external and internal operating systems.
- Detect and ensure no loss of product takes place inside the process plant.
- Utilize all available CCTV equipment to detect theft of the product.
- Only allow authorized personnel to enter the CCTV control room
- Report and record in a daily log all security breaches and suspicious activities in accordance with BGML security and operational procedures.
- Assist and advise on the development of CCTV security procedures, equipment and deployment.
- Assist with any emergency responses or procedures
- Ensure that all BGML Mine employees follow BGML Mine security and safety procedures.
- Conduct target surveillance on suspicious activities.
- Comply with all the prescribed procedures.
- Detect any suspicious behavior of process personnel and report such behaviors.
- Ensure that all camera positions remain unchanged at all times.
- Ensure that all gold room procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all mill stoppages are attended to without delay.
- Monitor mill relining and ensure that the relining procedure is followed.
- Report any suspicious movements in the mill building to the Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that all intrusion alarm activations are attended to by the Process Plant Security
- Do routine checks on the perimeter lights and ensure it is all in working order.
- Acknowledge all activated alarms and arrange for alarm attendance in accordance with the alarm procedures.
- Report any system failures without delay to the Supervisor and enter detail in the system defects register.
- Abide to the Security code of conduct
- Abide to the Mine cardinal rules
- Maintain the high standard of discipline expected from the Security department.
- Carry out any instructions as directed by the Security Manager or his dually authorized delegate.
- Abide to all voluntary principles of international human rights standards through daily conduct.
- Advanced Level Certificate-Form VI
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a similar position
Skills / Knowledge/Behaviour Requirements (CCTV Operator Jobs)
- Knowledge of CCTV Surveillance
- Proven and developed leadership skills
- Culturally awareness
- Outstanding communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure, change and ambiguity
- Ability to work independently
- Uses consideration and tact
- Works on improving own knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Takes initiative, self-directed
- Follows through and delivers on promises and on time
- Makes realistic, practical, value-based decisions
- Keeps on track and moving forward
- Deals with situations in an open, objective, and flexible manner-
- Prioritizes work and uses time efficiently
- Plans ahead to ensure that resources are available for daily and future actions
- Must be Competent in MS office applications
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “CCTV OPERATOR“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd November 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com