Well, today I will show you how to add organization structure chart in your word document. Most find difficulty adding organization structure chart to their works. You can simply adding it automatically and you can draw it manually by using different shapes such as lines. Let’s see how you can add organization chart automatically.
See details below on how to draw organization structure
Follow the following quick steps
- In your word document go to “SmartArt” tab
- Choose any SmartArt graphic of your choice i.e. list, process, cycle, Hierarchy, Relationship, Picture, or other.
Here in our tutorial I will pick hierarchy and pick a chart from there
- Go to text pane to add text in your chart
- Highlight text inside textbox to change fonts and size of the text.
- Drag to either direction to enlarge or minimize the text box
- Click on any shape to add shape below or above it, before or after and to add assistant.
- Select shape to format it, change color, and fill shape, crop shape and other
To format shape, select shape then right click and then click format shape.
That’s all about adding automatically structure chart in your word document.
For complex structure use shapes to manually draw it
How to manually draw organization structure in Microsoft word 2011 for MacBook Pro version 10.5.8
- In your document go to home tab
- Find Shapes tab at the top right corner
- Select any shape you wish to use in your organization chart. Mostly used includes line and connector, rectangles
Let’s consider drawing a structure using lines and rectangles
- First add a rectangle shape of any type you wish to display it
- Right click on it so that you can add text to it and format it
- Use line as connector and you can put it in any direction
Other procedures are same with the automatically procedures.
Thank you and stay connected with us for more tips.