In order to have a good presentation of your work it’s recommended to insert hyperlink in your power point document. The main reason as to why you should insert hyperlink to your power point includes,
- Impressing the audience
- Hyperlink saves time during presentation.
So what is Hyperlink? A hyperlink is a link in a document that guides a user to another location by clicking or tapping. It’s very important to consider hyperlink in your power point documents. Most lecturers like creativity in power point.
For a good presentation you should have “Presentation contents” at the top of your power point documents. Link all the presentation contents with their respective location. You can link your document to other documents, email address, slides and web.
Consider you have already prepared your whole documents and now you don’t know how to add hyperlinks. Follow the quick steps below
How to Add hyperlink in Power Point
Linking one slide to another
- In your document highlight the text you want to add a hyperlink
- Right click and click Hyperlink
- Select document in the tab containing web, documents, and email address
- If you want to link to a specific location within the file, go to anchor and enter the name of the anchor or click locate to find it.
- After locating click “OK”
NB. Consider linking important slide with all slides, especially the “Presentation contents” so you can have easy access to your presentation contents. You can call the main page home as shown below and then add hyperlink to it.
Linking with the webpage/ Email Address
- Highlight the text to be linked
- Right click and click hyperlink
- Select webpage or email address and fill the anchor box with the webpage/email address you wish to link.
- Click “OK” to save
Now you can check if your hyperlinks works
In the home tab go to slide show and select play (play form current slide/ play at the start) choose any.