NIT Second Round Selection Results 2021/22. List of applicants selected to join NIT for academic year 2021/22 in the second round.
The National Institute of Transport (NIT) is a public higher learning institution located on west of Dar-es-Salaam City, along Mabibo Road in Ubungo Light Industrial area; just about one kilometer off the Morogoro Road. NIT was established in 1975 as training wing of the then National Transport Corporation (NTC).
NIT was charged with the responsibility of strengthening human resource capabilities of transport operatives and middle level managers of subsidiary companies of NTC. These subsidiary companies were: National Bus Services Limited (KAMATA), Usafiri Dar-as-Salaam Limited (UDA), Regional Transport Companies (RETCOs) etc.
In 1982, it was realized that there was need to have an Institute that will cover all modes of transport. The Institute expanded its area of activities and responsibilities. As a result, NIT was re–established through NIT Act No. 24 of 1982 as an autonomous Higher Learning Institution under then Ministry of Communications and Works.
It came into operation on 1st July, 1983 through the Government Notice No. 91. Currently, the Institute is under the Ministry of Transport. With legal status and the Governing Council was given a mandate to govern and administer the Institute.
National Institute of Transport is the only such training Institute in Sub- Saharan excluding South Africa, mandated by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania to offer training in transport and communications
The Institute is fully accredited with the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) to provide Competence Based Education and Training (CBET) programmes at the level of Certificate, Diploma and Degree (National Technical Awards -NTA level 4 to level 8). It is also accredited with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT International) to teach and examine CILT programmes of International Introductory Certificates, International Certificates, Ordinary Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport.
In addition to that, the Institute collaborates with the Open University of Tanzania (OUT) and International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Consult (IPSCMC) to offer MBA in Logistics and Transport Management and Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management respectively.
The Institute offers programmes in Logistics and Transport Management, Freight Clearing and Forwarding, Procurement and Logistics Management, Automobile Engineering, Business Administration, Computing Information Communication Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Aviation Studies and Human Resources Management.
NIT also is offering Post Graduate Diplomas in Air Transport Management, Logistics and Transport Management, Travel and Tourism, Shipping and Port Management, Procurement and Logistics Management, Rail Transport Management, Transport Economics, Road Transport Safety Management and Transport Engineering Management.
NIT also offers short term programmes and provides Research, Consultancy and Community Services. The Institute has highly skilled personnel both academic and administrative staff. It also has modern machines and equipments for teaching, research and consultancy services. The equipments like modern Vehicle Inspection machines which are only at NIT (Tanzania).
NIT Second Round Selection Results
Have you applied for UDOM in the second round window admission for the 2021/22 academic year and you have been waiting for Second Round Selection Results? Oh I guess the answer is YES and that’s why you are here. Check quick steps in the paragraph below
How to check Second Round Selection for NIT?
Follow the quick steps below
- Visit the official website for NIT Online Application System (SIMS) – CLICK HERE
- Put in your login details, use email and password you have used during application process.
- You’ll be logged in to your account and you will see your selection status.
After viewing your selection status you’ll notice either of the following
- Single Selected: Means OK.
- Multiple Selected: For multiple admission you’ll be required to confirm your choice not late than 24th September 2021 through the special code sent to you during the application period. If you haven’t received the message in time you are advised to to login to the admission system of the college you were admitted and request for a message or email that will contain special secret code which will enable you to confirm to respective college. Proof of the admission must be done through the account that the applicant registered during the application process.
- Not Selected: The third window is now live till 24th September 2021. Visit the SIMS to send your application.
- CUHAS Selected Applicants 2021/22 PDF Download
- CUHAS Joining Instruction 2021/22 PDF Download
- SAUT Selected Applicants 2021/22 PDF Download
- Joining Instructions for Health Colleges 2021/22 PDF Download
- ISW Selected Applicants 2021/22 PDF Download
- NIT Joining Instruction 2021
- NIT Fee Structure 2021/22 – All levels